Wednesday 28 August 2013

quilled eagle card / sasfej üdvözleten

I have always been fascinated by the mysterious, piercing eyes, intense gaze of the eagle. As if it looks right through me and knows my every thought even before I do.
The drawing was made about 7 years ago, when I had no idea about quilling... I just played around with a pencil on a boring afternoon... but now... when quilling is my passion... I had to try this, it was a challenge :) Of course, I had to resort to my old friend, the pencil, for a little shadowing ;) So here's to a deep gaze, I hope you like it :)
I love what the eagle symbolizes: "When it rains, most birds head for shelter. The Eagle is the only bird that in order to avoid the rain, starts flying above the cloud." So it's all about attitude, people!

****************************************************************************************************************************

Quilling sasfejes üdvözletet készítettem, inspirálódva a 7 évvel ezelőtt készült ceruzarajzomból... Remélem tetszik :)







14 comments:

  1. WOW!! He is stunningly beautiful kleurenik love your work!
    Greetings Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks so real and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing piece of art it is ! You have captured the gaze of eagles eye fantastically !loved the way you have dome the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  4. Eva, lucrarile de genul asta iti ies de MINUNE! Imi place efectul de umbra pe care l-ai desenat in dreptl ciocului si la ochi, arata atat de realistic! Sincere felicitari!

    Happy Quiiling!
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iti multumesc Manu, aprecierea ta inseamna mult pentru mine! :)

      Delete
  5. How incredibly realistic! I love how you have captured the feathers. Love it!
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Antonella, I'm glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  6. Your Quilled Eagle is awesome...well done! I'd say you captured him perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Allie, it's far from perfect, but I tried :)

      Delete